From: Ted Ts'o on
On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 12:10:09PM +0300, Dimitrios Apostolou wrote:

> FWIW that way will show the parameters unaligned to anyone using a
> different tab length. There is one way to align such lines properly:

As Randy said, the One True Tab Stop Length is 8. I don't think
that's going to change anytime soon. You might as well complain that
things don't look right if you like to use a font with variable width
characters...

- Ted
From: Artem Bityutskiy on
On Sun, 2010-07-18 at 03:15 -0400, Ted Ts'o wrote:
> Actually, what my code use is tabs with a tab stop of 8 followed by
> enough spaces (< 7) to align function parameters and to align
> open/close parenthesis in C expression line wrap.

Yes, I also like and use this style.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Артём Битюцкий)

From: Krzysztof Halasa on
Ted Ts'o <tytso(a)mit.edu> writes:

> As Randy said, the One True Tab Stop Length is 8. I don't think
> that's going to change anytime soon.

I hope we will be able to eventually remove this limitation. There is
nothing technical in it, except deficiency of the editors.

Nice to see emacs can handle it.
--
Krzysztof Halasa