From: gbotero on

hi list, my question is this, i have a server working fine with virtual
users and domains but i want to encrypted the password that appear in file
that have information about a lookup table, i mean i have a file called
mysql_mailbox_domain.conf and inside i have user = hosts = password = etc
etc etc, i want to encrypt this password can i do that??

another question
my server scan for virus and pishing with mailscanner and clamav, but i
want to send a clean .exe file inside in a .zip file but always he says
that .zip file have a virus inside and show the name of a .exe file, i scan
this file with avast, panda, and clamav and dont have virus what can i do,

thanks for all

___________________________
GUILLERMO BOTERO
LETICIA,
AMAZONAS (COLOMBIA)
y se considera que está limpio.
For all your IT requirements visit: http://www.transtec.co.uk

From: Jeroen Geilman on

> hi list, my question is this, i have a server working fine with
> virtual users and domains but i want to encrypted the password that
> appear in file that have information about a lookup table, i mean i
> have a file called mysql_mailbox_domain.conf and inside i have user =
> hosts = password = etc etc etc, i want to encrypt this password can i
> do that??

Why ? only root needs to read maps, chmod the file to 0600.

> another question my server scan for virus and pishing with mailscanner
> and clamav, but i want to send a clean .exe file inside in a .zip file
> but always he says that .zip file have a virus inside and show the
> name of a .exe file, i scan this file with avast, panda, and clamav
> and dont have virus what can i do,

Don't use mailscanner; it directly manipulates the queue files.

J.

From: Guillermo Botero on

Hi J, thanks for answer, yes i have the mysql_mailbox_domains.conf file
with root as a user and postfix as a group and the permissions is
-rw-r----- root have read and write and postfix read, is this ok?,

so,
you said that i dont would have to use mailscanner, which one you use
??

thanks,

--

_____________________________

From: Guillermo Botero on

Hi Eero, what is the diference between amavisd-new and MailScanner,
thanks

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 22:00:59 +0300, Eero Volotinen
wrote:

2010/6/14 Guillermo Botero :
>> Hi J, thanks for answer, yes i have the
mysql_mailbox_domains.conf file
>> with
>> root as a user and postfix as a
group and the permissions is -rw-r-----
>> root
>> have read and write and
postfix read, is this ok?,

>> so, you said that i dont would have to use
mailscanner, which one you
>> use ??
>
> how about amavisd-new ?
>
> --

Eero

--
_____________________________

From: Jerry on
On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 14:30:43 -0500
Guillermo Botero <gbotero(a)emailforall.no-ip.org> articulated:

> Hi Eero, what is the diference between amavisd-new and MailScanner,
> thanks
>
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 22:00:59 +0300, Eero Volotinen
> wrote:
> >
> 2010/6/14 Guillermo Botero :
> >> Hi J, thanks for answer, yes i have the
> mysql_mailbox_domains.conf file
> >> with
> >> root as a user and postfix as a
> group and the permissions is -rw-r-----
> >> root
> >> have read and write and
> postfix read, is this ok?,
> >>
> >> so, you said that i dont would have to use
> mailscanner, which one you
> >> use ??
> >
> > how about amavisd-new ?

Please don't top post. If you don't know what that means, Google for
it. While you are at it, loose the HTML e-mail. Plain ASCII text will
do just fine.

To answer your question, in regards to Postfix, MailScanner is not
supported while Amavisd-New is. You are extremely unlikely to get any
assistance here with MailScanner.

--
Jerry
postfix-user(a)seibercom.net

Falling in love is a lot like dying.
You never get to do it enough to become good at it.