From: cadboroguy on

This is my first post.

The information provided by mike, a guest, to hesham rajmi solved the
problem for me as well. The problem was 5 days old with multiple trial
actions including Microsoft's recommended, that had no effect.

I am using newly installed Win764U.

I turned off the Windows firewall and downloads then started quickly.
You guys have helped me, thanks so much !!

--
cadboroguy

From: snakattak on
Thanks for all the prior tips, they did me no good, BUT, after turning
firewall OFF (to no avail) I began eliminating hardware, starting with the
Belkin 54g Wireless router(only), simply cable connected directly to modem
and, "Hey Presto" (update) download action!
Stopped the "update" (pulled the LAN cable) to allow Windows 7 Firewall to
be re-activated (important!), and then reconnected the LAN cable and
re-initiated the "Update", sweet, no change due to the Firewall in my case
(using "Recommended Settings").
Interesting to note that Windows Firewall does not mention "Windows Update"
in it's "list" so I'm perplexed at previous mentions of firewall involvement
(which didn't offer any detail about settings etc - helpful for us
"noobies"?).
I'm now going to restart after "update" (which for some reason managed only
9 of 18 updates successfully, i.e. 9 failures), so after restart I'll
re-initiate "Update" but this time I'll re-introduce the Belkin 54g router
via cable (not wireless) to see if that works (thus pinpointing area of
suspected conflict/intereference within the router/AP).

Pages: 1
Prev: me
Next: KB977165 - Has it been fixed yet?