From: ladybug on
I keep getting error code 80248009 when I try to update windows, and error
0x80248009 when I try to update windows defender. I got windows vista and
using windows explorer 8. My system is a 64 bit. Please someone help me been
trying to figure it out for a couple of days now. And all I find is a
solution for the same error and I tried it which was going to command prompt
and entering net stop wuauserv then hit enter then entering start wuauserv
then hit enter and restarting my computer. Tried to windows update and still
same problem. Second, time I tried it I noticed it said system 32 so Im
guessing thats for a 32 bit system. If not then the solution doesnt or isnt
working.
From: Shenan Stanley on
ladybug wrote:
> I keep getting error code 80248009 when I try to update windows,
> and error 0x80248009 when I try to update windows defender. I got
> windows vista and using windows explorer 8. My system is a 64 bit.
> Please someone help me been trying to figure it out for a couple of
> days now. And all I find is a solution for the same error and I
> tried it which was going to command prompt and entering net stop
> wuauserv then hit enter then entering start wuauserv then hit enter
> and restarting my computer. Tried to windows update and still same
> problem. Second, time I tried it I noticed it said system 32 so Im
> guessing thats for a 32 bit system. If not then the solution
> doesnt or isnt working.

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan with the following
(freeware version):

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan with the following
(freeware version):

MalwareBytes
http://www.malwarebytes.com/

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

Download and run the MSRT manually:

You may find nothing, you may find only cookies, you may think it is a
waste of time - but if you do all this and report back here with what you
do/don't find as you are doing all of it - you are adding more pieces to
the puzzle and the entire picture just may become clearer and your
problem resolved.

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

Download, install and run...

System Update Readiness Tool for x64-based Systems
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=f6f353c0-d00e-43e7-97ef-0feefc7ff064

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

Try to get updates.

Come back and let us know.

BTW - the error...

0x80248009
2145091575 WU E DS MISSINGREF
The data store is in an invalid state because data that should be present is
missing. This will occur if we try to fetch a linked row from another table
and the linked row does not exist. This can happen with EULAs, files,
and/or localized properties referenced by an update.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP