From: Sorin Buturugeanu on
@Vincent: no, the short tags are not off.

@Jim: This seamns to work fine:

$template = file_get_contents(pathTemplates.$this->dir.$this->tpl);
ob_start();
$template = eval('?>'.$template);
$template = ob_get_clean();

Thanks!

Best wishes!

Sorin

--
Sorin Buturugeanu
http://www.soin.ro

From: Peter Lind on
On 21 July 2010 06:46, Sorin Buturugeanu <mail(a)soin.ro> wrote:
> @Vincent: no, the short tags are not off.
>
> @Jim: This seamns to work fine:
>
> $template = file_get_contents(pathTemplates.$this->dir.$this->tpl);
> ob_start();
> $template = eval('?>'.$template);
> $template = ob_get_clean();
>
> Thanks!
>
> Best wishes!
>
> Sorin
>

> --
> Sorin Buturugeanu
> http://www.soin.ro
>

> On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 1:45 AM,  <lists(a)cmsws.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 01:04:12 +0300, Sorin Buturugeanu <mail(a)soin.ro> wrote:
>>> Hello Vincent and thank you for your reply :).
>>>
>>> That's true, I forgot to explain how I got to using HEREDOC, so ..
>>>
>>> Using eval(file_get_contents($file)) just outputs the result on the
>>> spot and I need
>>> to get the whole output (without echoing it) and do some more things with
>>> it.
>>>
>>> require_once() doesn't fit here (from what I can tell), because it
>>> would still just
>>> include the file in echo the output.
>>>
>>> I think there must be a solution, but I'm missing something here  ...
>>

>> Check out the ob_* functions
>>
>> You could do this
>>
>> ob_start();
>>
>> include "/your/file.php";
>>
>> $output = ob_get_clean();
>>
>> echo $output;
>>
>> Jim
>>

>>> Thanks again!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Sorin Buturugeanu
>>> http://www.soin.ro
>>>

>>> On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 12:49 AM, Daevid Vincent <daevid(a)daevid.com>

1) heredoc is great for not caring about escaping ' or ". Whether or
not you like the syntax it's not hard to use in any way.
2) stay away from eval. Just don't use it unless you have no other choice
3) the include+output buffering solution is much better. Another
option would be to use markers in your templates and then just replace
them with content. Whether or not that would suit you depends on what
kinds of templates you're making and for what purpose

Regards
Peter

--
<hype>
WWW: http://plphp.dk / http://plind.dk
From: Sorin Buturugeanu on
Hi Peter!

In the first version of the template engine I had markers but now I
need more complex conditions or operations inside the template files,
like array of arrays and so on. I really like the freedom to be able
to just open a PHP tag <? ?> and use a foreach() or whatever PHP
function as I please.

Thanks again to all of you for your support! :)

Sorin

--
Sorin Buturugeanu
http://www.soin.ro