From: Dennis on
Hi I am using excel 2003 and everything was goin g fine until I tried to open
a file (which was working ok) but now won t open and just comes up with the
message
"Time Sheet 09-10.xls:file format is not valid" any ideas on how I can
either re save so it will open or any other ideads on how I access the info
it contains
thks
--
Dennis
From: Dave Peterson on
You may want to try it on a different computer -- or even a different version of
excel.

Or you may want to try OpenOffice.

A few people have said that OpenOffice.Org has been able to open files that
excel couldn't.

http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-104 meg download or a CD

If the file is really important, there are commercial recovery services. I've
never used it, but you might want to check into:
http://www.officerecovery.com

--

Dave Peterson
From: Ms-Exl-Learner on
May be this…

The file extension might be changed by the other user, which may also cause
this problem.

Copy and paste the file in new location and open a new excel workbook and
Press Cntrl+O>>Files of Type>>Select All Files (*.*) from the drop
down>>Lookin>>Select the Path of the File>>select the file and click Ok…

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"Dennis" wrote:

> Hi I am using excel 2003 and everything was goin g fine until I tried to open
> a file (which was working ok) but now won t open and just comes up with the
> message
> "Time Sheet 09-10.xls:file format is not valid" any ideas on how I can
> either re save so it will open or any other ideads on how I access the info
> it contains
> thks
> --
> Dennis