From: Izzy on
a file created in excel 2000 then converted to excel 2007 has one sheet that
responds very slowly and is driving me crazy. It does have a lot of formulae
but the same sheet works fine in both 2000 and 2003. Please help
--
izzy
From: Russell Dawson on
Check for lazy fill or border formatting. Often users will fill whole rows
and columns rather than the active area of the w/s.

A w/s that performs adequately which was created in an older Excel version
would have a potential 17 million cells approx but if that file were then
converted to 2007 there is a potential 17 billion cells per w/s. If there is
extensive fill that could explain the lack of performance.
--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful.