From: kk on
I have an excel file and formulae in two of the columns is changing to
"#VALUE!", whenver a new file is opened and cells updated with data in the
new file. All other cells are not effected and the only difference is, these
two columns have Vookup function(to another sheet in the same file
only).Also, pressing F2 in each cell and then pressing enter would calculate
again. I have automatic calculation turned on.

I could not understand why any change in a separate new file would mess up
the formula in this file?Please help!
From: Pete_UK on
I suspect that the VLOOKUP formula is returning a text value, on which
you are trying to carry out some arithmetic. Check out the data in
your new file, and if you are still stuck then post back with more
details.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 9, 9:34 pm, kk <k...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have an excel file and formulae in two of the columns is changing to
> "#VALUE!", whenver a new file is opened and cells updated with data in the
> new file. All other cells are not effected and the only difference is, these
> two columns have Vookup function(to another sheet in the same file
> only).Also, pressing F2 in each cell and then pressing enter would calculate
> again. I have automatic calculation turned on.
>
> I could not understand why any change in a separate new file would mess up
> the formula in this file?Please help!

Pages: 1
Prev: Excel shortcut keys
Next: SUMIF