From: P1 on
There is apparently a subdirectory limit of 32,000 on ext3 file systems.
How are people getting around this? I have a mail server that just
reached that number of users and I'm unable to create more.

Thanks,
Paul
From: philo on
P1 wrote:
> There is apparently a subdirectory limit of 32,000 on ext3 file systems.
> How are people getting around this? I have a mail server that just
> reached that number of users and I'm unable to create more.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

ext4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ext4
From: P1 on
philo wrote:
> P1 wrote:
>> There is apparently a subdirectory limit of 32,000 on ext3 file
>> systems. How are people getting around this? I have a mail server
>> that just reached that number of users and I'm unable to create more.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Paul
>

> ext4
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ext4

Any idea how people did it pre-ext4, since that is a very new file
system with apparently very real data loss concerns?
From: Davorin Vlahovic on

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XFS

--
You, you, and you: Panic. The rest of you, come with me.
From: Michael John Ruff on
P1 wrote:
> There is apparently a subdirectory limit of 32,000 on ext3 file systems.
> How are people getting around this? I have a mail server that just
> reached that number of users and I'm unable to create more.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul
Hello Paul

If you can create another directory called home1 and store the user
durectories in there.

Mike