From: Linus Torvalds on
On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 9:23 PM, Theodore Ts'o <tytso(a)mit.edu> wrote:

> Which is hopefully what you want.  If you want exactly what is shown
> below, you can also pull the "next" branch, which omits the merge, and
> then you can deal with the merge conflict by hand.  The results should
> be the same either way.

I did that just to see what it looked like.

One annoyance: I now get

fs/jbd2/transaction.c: In function ‘start_this_handle’:
fs/jbd2/transaction.c:98: warning: unused variable ‘ts’

due to that 'ts' thing only being used for the CONFIG_JBD2_DEBUG case.
Please fix. I'd suggest putting that CONFIG_JBD2_DEBUG code in a
helper function of its own, and declaring 'ts' there instead.
Suggested patch (but with a horrible helper function name) attached.

Linus
From: Ted Ts'o on
On Sat, Aug 07, 2010 at 01:17:46PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 9:23 PM, Theodore Ts'o <tytso(a)mit.edu> wrote:
> >
> > Which is hopefully what you want.  If you want exactly what is shown
> > below, you can also pull the "next" branch, which omits the merge, and
> > then you can deal with the merge conflict by hand.  The results should
> > be the same either way.
>
> I did that just to see what it looked like.
>
> One annoyance: I now get
>
> fs/jbd2/transaction.c: In function 'start_this_handle':
> fs/jbd2/transaction.c:98: warning: unused variable 'ts'
>
> due to that 'ts' thing only being used for the CONFIG_JBD2_DEBUG case.
> Please fix. I'd suggest putting that CONFIG_JBD2_DEBUG code in a
> helper function of its own, and declaring 'ts' there instead.
> Suggested patch (but with a horrible helper function name) attached.

This is what I have in the ext4 tree. I'll be sending a pull request
in a day or two with this and maybe one or two other fixups if they
arise. So far the post-integration testing I've done looks good,
though.

- Ted