From: Han on
I read through the source and it appears that at least the data
portion of the extable library is very close to the layout of the data
in the tables for Jazz. The difference is that Jazz (and older Saturn
compilers?) required entries to be of length at most 12 (basically the
length had to fit in 1 nibble) whereas extable uses 2 nibbles for the
entry name length. What I do not understand, however, is this extra
CRC stuff. From the extable.s file:

This librarie contains and allows access to the external entry
table.
The table has this structure:

10 nibbles: strobj prolog and size
5 nibbles: nb of entry in the table
5 nibbles: offset to the data part of the table
128*5 nibbles: offset to the list of entry of crc n
(where n is the number of this entry in the 64 entry
table]
n*5 nibbles: offsets to the value of the entry n (sorted by address]
128*
n*5 nibbles offset to the entries of same crc. sorted by name
lenght then by name
00000
data part
n*