From: gumby on
PI.EXE is a file for Dos games that run in Windows and is installed to
the Windows file. It is a legit file and not a trojan as Malwarebytes
claimed when I ran a scan yesterday.
From: David Kaye on
gumby <gumby(a)here.com> wrote:

>PI.EXE is a file for Dos games that run in Windows and is installed to
>the Windows file. It is a legit file and not a trojan as Malwarebytes
>claimed when I ran a scan yesterday.

There is a particularly vicious malware program with the name pi.exe that
often renames itself.

From: gumby on
On 03/05/2010 9:41 PM, David Kaye wrote:

> There is a particularly vicious malware program with the name pi.exe that
> often renames itself.

Yes, I read that when I had to do the double-check before delete dance.
Shouldn't Malwarebytes be able to tell the legit version from the bad
version though? I thought progs like this scan inside the file and not
call it a trojan just going by the file name.
From: Dustin Cook on
gumby <gumby(a)here.com> wrote in news:hro35g$bed$3(a)news.eternal-
september.org:

> PI.EXE is a file for Dos games that run in Windows and is installed to
> the Windows file. It is a legit file and not a trojan as Malwarebytes
> claimed when I ran a scan yesterday.

Please join the mbam forum and let them know. They will work to correct
this for you. You'll not only help yourself, but others as well.

--
"Hrrngh! Someday I'm going to hurl this...er...roll this...hrrngh.. nudge
this boulder right down a cliff." - Goblin Warrior