From: Lloyd McClure on

How do I fill a column with sequential numbers [1 to 400] in an Access
table that
I can copy and paste to another Access table? No auto-number.
Thanks, Mac

From: Jeff Boyce on
Lloyd

This might strike you as a rather round-about way, but it's fairly simple.

Open an Excel spreadsheet. Create your column of sequential numbers. Close
and save.

Open Access. Import the spreadsheet you just made as a table.

(now that you know how, are you willing to let us know "why"? What will
having 400 sequential numbers in a table in Access allow you to do?)

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

"Lloyd McClure" <popco(a)toast.net> wrote in message

> How do I fill a column with sequential numbers [1 to 400] in an Access
> table that
> I can copy and paste to another Access table? No auto-number.
> Thanks, Mac

Pages: 1
Prev: Close on Lost Focus
Next: dasc