From: ahmed tharwat ahmed on
Dear,

I need your help for find a field autonumber automatically
To delete it and re build it automatic
And I call it maintenance the mdb application
I wait your help
With my best regards
Ahmed tharwat

From: Allen Browne on
The simplest way to do this would be to create a new table, and import the
data from your old table (with an Append query.) Once you've verified the
data is okay, you can delete the old table, compact the database, and then
rename the new one to the old name.

Be careful though: if the autonubmer is primary key, and other tables relate
to it, you will lose touch with which record relates to which.

If you are asking how to programmatically find the autonumber field, see:
http://allenbrowne.com/func-DAO.html#GetAutoNumDAO
http://allenbrowne.com/func-ADOX.html#GetSeedADOX