From: Eli the Bearded on
Flash (specifically from the eyeclops site) locked up my browser so
I couldn't change tabs, or do anything else. I tried killing the flash
player app (npviewer.bin) and that did little to improve things. No
longer was the site blinking in my window, but now firefox was dumping
error messages to stderr (which goes to ~/.Xlog for me) as fast as it
could. It took me less than a minute to figure out that's what it was
doing, and in that time:

$ grep -c NSPlugin.*invoke_NPP_SetWindow.*failed ~/.Xlog
225269
$

The actual message it was repeating over and over (line wrapped):

** NSPlugin Wrapper *** WARNING:(/usr/src/packages/BUILD/nspluginwrapper
-1.2.2/src/npw-wrapper.c:1923):invoke_NPP_SetWindow: assertion failed: (
rpc_method_invoke_possible(plugin->connection))

Gah! Is there a workable way to stop an out of control flash app short
of killing the entire browser? (Keep in mind, I'm asking about Firefox,
vers 3.6, not Chrome or whatever.)

Elijah
------
the sooner Apple kills flash the better