From: Sylvia on
I am looking for the fmincon type function which could solve following
problem

min f(s) s.t Es=y
where f(s) is some function of s, E is an implicit operator, meaning not
an explicit matrix. Is there any such function or code available in
MATLAB?

Sylvia
From: Tim Wescott on
Sylvia wrote:
> I am looking for the fmincon type function which could solve following
> problem
>
> min f(s) s.t Es=y
> where f(s) is some function of s, E is an implicit operator, meaning not
> an explicit matrix. Is there any such function or code available in
> MATLAB?
>
> Sylvia

As astonishing as it may seem, Matlab ~= DSP, in spite of the heavy
overlap between the knowledge bases.

Perhaps you should ask this question on the Matlab newsgroup.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com
From: steveu on
>Sylvia wrote:
>> I am looking for the fmincon type function which could solve following
>> problem
>>
>> min f(s) s.t Es=y
>> where f(s) is some function of s, E is an implicit operator, meaning
not
>> an explicit matrix. Is there any such function or code available in
>> MATLAB?
>>
>> Sylvia
>
>As astonishing as it may seem, Matlab ~= DSP, in spite of the heavy
>overlap between the knowledge bases.
>
>Perhaps you should ask this question on the Matlab newsgroup.

There's no overlap here :-)

Steve