From: Joe K. on

Is there away to number the query listed below using all of the SQL Server
Profiler traces in a directory?

select * FROM fn_trace_gettable ('\\servername\k$\trace\*.trc',DEFAULT)
where TextData IS NOT NULL

Please help me resolve this issue.
From: Andrew J. Kelly on
Not quite sure what u mean by that but I assume you want to read all the
traces at once. If they were rollover files you simply specify the first one
in the batch and use the DEFAULT parameter (like you show) and it will read
them all. If they are different traces altogether and not rollovers I think
you need to read them one at a time. But u can try naming them with an _nnn
with sequential numbers and see if that works.

--

Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP
Solid Quality Mentors

"Joe K." <JoeK(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Is there away to number the query listed below using all of the SQL Server
> Profiler traces in a directory?
>
> select * FROM fn_trace_gettable ('\\servername\k$\trace\*.trc',DEFAULT)
> where TextData IS NOT NULL
>
> Please help me resolve this issue.

Pages: 1
Prev: Speed Up OPENROWSET?