From: Jerry on
I am using msoFileDialogFolderPicker for helping the users selected a
folder. I want the file name to be request.txt thus am giving the user
only to select the folder. Is there anyway i can hide the folder name
text box and force the users to double click and select the folder.

Few users think the folder name is file name and end up typing file
name and call support when it gives an error.
From: Chip Pearson on

You could use the BrowseForFolder Windows API dialog instead. See
http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/BrowseFolder.aspx for details and
example code.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional,
Excel, 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

From: Jerry on
Thank you. If i follow the code in the link, it will not give the user
an option to create new folder. they will need to select the folder
already existing on their drive. How do i give them the option of
creating new folder?
From: Jerry on
On Apr 12, 1:18 pm, Chip Pearson <c...(a)cpearson.com> wrote:
> You could use the BrowseForFolder Windows API dialog instead. Seehttp://www.cpearson.com/Excel/BrowseFolder.aspxfor details and
> example code.
>
> Cordially,
> Chip Pearson
> Microsoft Most Valuable Professional,
>         Excel, 1998 - 2010
> Pearson Software Consulting, LLCwww.cpearson.com
>
> On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 08:32:29 -0700 (PDT), Jerry <uthr...(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> >I am using msoFileDialogFolderPicker for helping the users selected a
> >folder. I want the file name to be request.txt thus am giving the user
> >only to select thefolder. Is there anyway i can hide thefoldername
> >text box and force the users to double click and select thefolder.
>
> >Few users think thefoldername is file name and end up typing file
> >name and call support when it gives an error.- Hide quoted text -

Thank you. How do I give the option to create a new folder by using
this code?