Prev: [PHP]
Next: curl
From: David Mehler on
Hello Everyone,
Thanks for all the suggestions on my sticky form problem. I've changed
my action attribute to empty "" as per the article on PHP_SELF.
I'm still having an issue getting the form to redisplay. For example,
if i don't fill out the name field how would i get the form to
redisplay with all the rest of the entered values? I've got text
values working, but combo boxes are not. I've got three values i'll
take the type one here, one is zero and it's choice is to select an
option. That's a required field, so if it's skipped zero is given, I
want to indicate that's not valid and redisplay the form. Event is 1
and meeting is 2 or maybe i've got those reversed but it doesn't
matter. So, say I select 2 for meeting or event or whatever, but again
i don't fill in the name field. I want the form to redisplay, but to
have the combo box values filled in.
I'm certain this is conceptual and coding on my part, I'd appreciate
any assistance.
Thanks.
Dave.

From: Shreyas Agasthya on
Ash - Thanks for correcting me [should I say us ;) ]. So, if my understandng
is right, we should use # instead of the superglobal variable.

David - Sorry to have written that. I was not aware of the implications of
the grand old way of doing it. :)

Regards,
Shreyas

--