From: rroswell86 on
When I enter text, then alt-enter, there is a "return" when I mail merge -
but if I do another alt-enter to create a blank space, that one doesn't merge.

Example in the excel cell, I type:

dsfkdfjkfj ;akdfjdkjf ;kdjf df alt-enter
alt-enter
asldefj alskdjfk ;akfj dflkj alt-enter

I want this to export as:

dsfkdfjkfj ;akdfjdkjf ;kdjf df

asldefj alskdjfk ;akfj dflkj

But it exports as:

dsfkdfjkfj ;akdfjdkjf ;kdjf df
asldefj alskdjfk ;akfj dflkj

Any way to fix this? Since one return works, why doesn't the second one?

Thanks!
From: Gord Dibben on
Maybe try alt + enter>space>alt + enter?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP