From: Rocky Dunlap on
Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a Fortran 90 or 95 BNF
grammar that is in some "parseable" format? (that is, something other
than a PDF or descriptive text, but an actual grammar for feeding into
parser generators, etc.)

Thanks!
Rocky
From: George on
On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 14:04:02 -0800 (PST), Rocky Dunlap wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a Fortran 90 or 95 BNF
> grammar that is in some "parseable" format? (that is, something other
> than a PDF or descriptive text, but an actual grammar for feeding into
> parser generators, etc.)
>
> Thanks!
> Rocky

The first priceless wonder in such literature is Bertrand Russell's *least*
stimulating work.

You can slurp this in as text:

1) �a:�b:(a+Sb)=S(a+b)
2) �b:(d+Sb)=S(d+b)
56) �d:�c:(c+d)=(d+c)

If you had the actual grammar to make this fortran, many would happily
retire as dinosaurs.
--
George

We will build new ships to carry man forward into the universe, to gain a
new foothold on the moon and to prepare for new journeys to the worlds
beyond our own.
George W. Bush

Picture of the Day http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/
From: Mark Westwood on
Rocky

Here's what I do:

a) copy the text from the PDF and paste it into a text editor (I like
Emacs);

b) use your text editor's search/replace facilities to transform the
~BNF representation to a representation understood by your parser
generator (I like Emacs for this).

And away you go ...

Sure, it's a drag going through the PDF and copying only the grammar
bits, but you only have to do it once every 5 years or so. And I
guess that someone smarter than me who understands the PDF might even
be able to program that.

Regards

Mark Westwood

From: Jugoslav Dujic on
Rocky Dunlap wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a Fortran 90 or 95 BNF
> grammar that is in some "parseable" format? (that is, something other
> than a PDF or descriptive text, but an actual grammar for feeding into
> parser generators, etc.)

Google gives

http://docs.cray.com/books/007-3694-003/html-007-3694-003/faxalchri.html

--