From: "Alexander Erameh" on
Is there any reason why Postfix doesn't read .forward files set up in users
Mail folders, even after modifying main.cf to include the forward_path
option.

Do I have to disable /etc/postfix/virtual which was hitherto handling
forwarding?

Alexander

From: Ralf Hildebrandt on
* Alexander Erameh <alexander_erameh(a)hotmail.com>:
> Is there any reason why Postfix doesn't read .forward files set up in users
> Mail folders, even after modifying main.cf to include the forward_path
> option.

Yes. If postfix/local is not involved, the files will be ignored.

> Do I have to disable /etc/postfix/virtual which was hitherto handling
> forwarding?

Hard to tell, without logs or postconf -n output.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin

From: "Alexander Erameh" on
* Alexander Erameh <alexander_erameh(a)hotmail.com>:
> Is there any reason why Postfix doesn't read .forward files set up in users
> Mail folders, even after modifying main.cf to include the forward_path
> option.

Yes. If postfix/local is not involved, the files will be ignored.

> Do I have to disable /etc/postfix/virtual which was hitherto handling
> forwarding?

Hard to tell, without logs or postconf -n output.

Pardon me please, but I am new to POSTFIX, just a few months in fact.

Could you please explain how to involve postfix/local?

Alexander

From: Jeroen Geilman on
On 05/05/2010 04:19 PM, Alexander Erameh wrote:
> * Alexander Erameh<alexander_erameh(a)hotmail.com>:
>
>> Is there any reason why Postfix doesn't read .forward files set up in users
>> Mail folders, even after modifying main.cf to include the forward_path
>> option.
>>
> Yes. If postfix/local is not involved, the files will be ignored.
>

>> Do I have to disable /etc/postfix/virtual which was hitherto handling
>> forwarding?
>>
> Hard to tell, without logs or postconf -n output.
>

> Pardon me please, but I am new to POSTFIX, just a few months in fact.
>
> Could you please explain how to involve postfix/local?
>

> Alexander

local(8) is a mail delivery agent (MDA).
It is the default MDA for postfix for local mailboxes, but you can use
whichever MDA you want.
However, if local(8) isn't used as the local delivery agent, postfix is
not involved in .forward processing.
Run "postconf local_transport" to see what your current MDA is.

From: Appliantologist on
Hello,

I have both .forward files and /etc/postfix/virtual and it seems the
the .forward file takes priority, I can't check now, because I am
under a spam attack again. The .forward file should be in the users
home directory and needs to be readable by postfix