From: Lori Miller on
> is there another way to do it via excel settings...

One way, in the Excel Options, uncheck Transition Formula Entry (this is
under Transition in XL2003 or Advanced>Lotus Compatability in XL2007)

Then copy and paste data into Excel and it should default to fractions

Make sure to uncheck this setting after.

Note: Sheeloo's example had a space after the 0: (0 6/33)

From: pm_sam on
hi all members

may I first apologize for the time it has tooken to respond back.

>One way, in the Excel Options, uncheck Transition Formula Entry...

....this is already unchecked.

>Then copy and paste data into Excel and it should default to fractions
>Make sure to uncheck this setting after.

....if it was unchecked to start off with and then copy and paste...
how do I uncheck it again when it was already unchecked.

>Note: Sheeloo's example had a space after the 0: (0 6/33)

yes I did notice this thank you.

in my Excel 07, I get these results with Transition Formula Entry unchecked.

6/33=Jun-33, 06/33=Jun33, (0 6/33)= -2/11, (06/33)=(06/33), (6/33)=(6/33).

with (0 6/33)= -2/11 in the cell reference am I doing something wrong OR is
there
more settings.

can I thank all for your advice and help and look forward to comments and
questions.

Best.

Paul.