From: Alan Cox on
> For the people objecting to the actual code of the patch, I'm very
> interested in finding a solution. I am obviously not a Linux kernel VFS
> maintainer. I'm very keen to find an acceptable version of the patch
> based on feedback from those that know this area of the kernel intimately.

You've already had those suggestions some days ago. Use a security module,
either by using something like SELinux (where you can do this just fine
as far as I can see including exceptions by label for problem apps), or
write your own little seucrity module that does it. Or for that matter
just leave it as an Ubuntu patch.

Since you didn't seem t get the hint earlier I also suspecifically NAK the
current patch.

Alan