From: Kyle McMartin on
On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 12:57:16PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > Do you send it to stable ? I am hitting the same bug and count is high
> > on kerneloops (http://www.kerneloops.org/searchweek.php?search=writeback_inodes_wb)
> >

> The commit didn't have a cc:stable in the changelog so no, it probably
> wasn't backported.
>
> But that commit was later reverted anyway. Hopefully when the real fix
> gets merged, it will be backported.

Yes, we backported it when it hit mainline, and have since pulled them
until the real fix is sorted out.

thanks, Kyle.
From: Bastien ROUCARIES on
On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 9:57 PM, Andrew Morton
<akpm(a)linux-foundation.org> wrote:

>> > Already fixed in mainstream by
>> > commit 7c8a3554c683f512dbcee26faedb42e4c05f12fa
>> > Author: Jens Axboe <jens.axboe(a)oracle.com>
>> > Date: __ Tue May 18 14:29:29 2010 +0200
>>
>> Do you send it to stable ? I am hitting the same bug and count is high
>> on kerneloops (http://www.kerneloops.org/searchweek.php?search=writeback_inodes_wb)
>>

> The commit didn't have a cc:stable in the changelog so no, it probably
> wasn't backported.
>
> But that commit was later reverted anyway. �Hopefully when the real fix
> gets merged, it will be backported.

Thank Andrew. I am hitting this warning at each boot, without anything
fancy on my machine
(I am hitting it just after mounting the root partition, i suppose
reiserfs user_xattr, acl help but I was expecting that automatic
testing could catch this kind of bug)

Regards

Bastien
From: Bastien ROUCARIES on
On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Bastien ROUCARIES
<roucaries.bastien(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 9:57 PM, Andrew Morton
> <akpm(a)linux-foundation.org> wrote:

>>> Do you send it to stable ? I am hitting the same bug and count is high
>>> on kerneloops (http://www.kerneloops.org/searchweek.php?search=writeback_inodes_wb)
>>>

>> The commit didn't have a cc:stable in the changelog so no, it probably
>> wasn't backported.
>>
>> But that commit was later reverted anyway. �Hopefully when the real fix
>> gets merged, it will be backported.

Any news of this bug ?

Regard

Bastien
From: Andrew Morton on
On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 09:54:07 +0200
Bastien ROUCARIES <roucaries.bastien(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Bastien ROUCARIES
> <roucaries.bastien(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 9:57 PM, Andrew Morton
> > <akpm(a)linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> >> The commit didn't have a cc:stable in the changelog so no, it probably
> >> wasn't backported.
> >>
> >> But that commit was later reverted anyway. __Hopefully when the real fix
> >> gets merged, it will be backported.
> >

> Any news of this bug ?

There have been various dramas in the writeback code recently.
Christoph has been working on it.

Christoph, is this oops known about, and are those patches expected to
fix it?

Thanks.
From: Christoph Hellwig on
On Wed, Jul 07, 2010 at 01:51:18PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> There have been various dramas in the writeback code recently.
> Christoph has been working on it.
>
> Christoph, is this oops known about, and are those patches expected to
> fix it?

I have no idea what oops you mean. But the writeback code is very
different now compared to 2.6.33, and with the latest fixes in Jens'
tree there are no known issues left. (know to me anyway)