From: Erik van der Kouwe on
Dear all,

> Out of curiosity: Are you really using MINIX? The code is dead for a
> long time...

MINIX is very much alive, see http://www.minix3.org/.

I work in the team developing MINIX. Being able to exchange data between
Linux and MINIX is very useful for us and there is no other filesystem
that the two share. We have been aware of (and annoyed by) this problem
for a long time, but didn't know the cause (and didn't have much time to
check). Feiran is a GSoC student working on our project and he found the
issue when setting up his development environment so then we decided to
bring out a patch.

With kind regards,
Erik