From: Richard Maher on
Hi,

Does anyone know what might cause the above error to be thrown from a
myFun.apply(this,stuf) call?

The description/message attribute(s) for the exception is blank :-(

WindowsXP IE8 (soon to test FF3 but I believe it is the same there as also
Chrome)

The function/code works many many times then fails. Could it be a
resource/stack issue?

I know I haven't given you much to go on and the page is not publicly
available but maybe it rings a bell with someone?

Cheers Richard Maher

PS. There's many posts on the net about H80004005 but most about VB or
writing files etc.

From: Stevo on
Richard Maher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know what might cause the above error to be thrown from a
> myFun.apply(this,stuf) call?
>
> The description/message attribute(s) for the exception is blank :-(
>
> WindowsXP IE8 (soon to test FF3 but I believe it is the same there as also
> Chrome)
>
> The function/code works many many times then fails. Could it be a
> resource/stack issue?

You'll probably have to give (the experts here) more info on what stuf is.

Personally, the only time I'm ever using myFunc.apply, I'm passing in
(this,arguments) to relay all of my received arguments onto another
function.
From: rf on

"Richard Maher" <maher_rj(a)hotspamnotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know what might cause the above error to be thrown from a
> myFun.apply(this,stuf) call?

What above error?

From: Richard Maher on

"rf" <rf(a)z.invalid> wrote in message

> "Richard Maher" <maher_rj(a)hotspamnotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone know what might cause the above error to be thrown from a
> > myFun.apply(this,stuf) call?
>
> What above error?

Not sure what newsgroup reader you're using but in everyone I've seen you'll
find a subject line or title for my post that says: -
" func.apply() throws Error -2147467259"

But if it helps clarify things the error is caught and rethrown in
Tier3Client.js (which was included as a response to my original post) circa
line 188 character 24. The exception "name" was "Error" and the "number"
was -2147467259. All other attributes were unavailable and toString()
revealed [object Error]

So, in a nutshell, when I try to call (apply) the user's callback routine
IE8/Windows says no but won't say why. I was hoping someone could tell me
some great debugging option that might reveal additional information about
the "Error" or perhaps some buttons/quotas to push that might reval more.

Please note that this could be a timing/collision thing, as upping the
number of EmpPickers to 5 results in attrition of employees back to zero.
The "good" news is that the rendezvous() function must have been called (and
the JAVA console backs that up) or the browser would hang very quickly so
I'm off to see how far in positionDiv the code gets.

Stack Limit?

Maybe each DIV get's displayed the same amount of times before bombing?

Some recurrsiveness I'm missing?

Oh well, I guess I was just hoping that "Error -2147467259" wasn't as
generic as it looks and it might have rung a bell with someone. I'd better
roll up the sleaves. . .

Regards Richard Maher

From: Lew on
Richard Maher wrote:
> Not sure what newsgroup reader you're using but in everyone I've seen you'll
> find a subject line or title for my post that says: -
> " func.apply() throws Error -2147467259"

It's a good idea to repeat the subject or question in the body of the post,
and it's courteous, too. One practical benefit is that the context can
survive a subject change.

--
Lew