From: Randy Dunlap on
On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 11:46:24 +0800 Li Zefan wrote:

> There's a button in gconfig to "Show all options", but I think
> normally we are not interested in those configs which have no
> prompt and thus can't be changed, so here I add a new button to
> show hidden options which have prompts.

(The new option is called "Show all prompt options".)

These patches are looking good so far in my limited testing.

However, if gconfig is going to live, it needs at least one more thing:
it should display the kconfig symbol type (tristate, boolean, etc.)
like xconfig does (explicitly) and menuconfig does (by using [x] or <x>
in the menu).

thanks,
---
~Randy
From: Li Zefan on
Randy Dunlap wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 11:46:24 +0800 Li Zefan wrote:
>
>> There's a button in gconfig to "Show all options", but I think
>> normally we are not interested in those configs which have no
>> prompt and thus can't be changed, so here I add a new button to
>> show hidden options which have prompts.
>
> (The new option is called "Show all prompt options".)
>
> These patches are looking good so far in my limited testing.
>
> However, if gconfig is going to live, it needs at least one more thing:
> it should display the kconfig symbol type (tristate, boolean, etc.)
> like xconfig does (explicitly) and menuconfig does (by using [x] or <x>
> in the menu).

Hmm, I think I can spend some time on this.