From: Rune Allnor on
On 29 Mai, 01:50, Frank <fble...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Rune.....yes, that's what I was thinking also. Using the equation my
> colleague gave me seemed too simple. My hunch is that it's more
> complicated. So you are saying instead of taking two incoherent
> signals (x and y), and trying to make y coherent with x, start with x,
> and "mess with it" until it has the coherence in my model?

I don't know.

The only use of coherence I have seen, is in applications where
one has some analytic model for a signal transmission channel.
The real-world channel has a random component (I've worked with
underwater acoustics, where the exact details of the ocanography
are unknown) and the coherence function is then used as a measure
to describe how well the analytic model describes what actually
goes on in the data.

I can't remember having seen how to generate a signal with
prescribed coherence characteristics.

Rune