From: Kay Sievers on
On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 23:35, Will Drewry <wad(a)chromium.org> wrote:
> This change extends the partition_meta_info structure to
> support EFI GPT-specific metadata and ensures that data
> is copied in on partition scanning.
>
> Adding this information would make it possible to identify a
> partition by GUID using something like disk_part_iter_*(),
> calls that make hd_struct accessible, or even class_find_device.

Wow, you are fast. :) Sounds and looks good to me.

I guess we should assign the meta structure only after all values are
filled in? Otherwise we could get partial reads from a possible user?

Did you already test to put a lookup-call to the in-kernel mounter, if
we use some special partition table uuid identifier for root=? That
would be nice to see, if all that works as expected, and we can get to
the data we collect.

Kay
From: Tejun Heo on
Hello,

On 08/04/2010 04:04 AM, Will Drewry wrote:
> struct partition_meta_info {
> enum partition_meta_info_format_t format;
> union {
> +#ifdef CONFIG_EFI_PARTITION
> + struct {
> + efi_guid_t uuid;
> + efi_guid_t type;
> + efi_char16_t label[72 / sizeof(efi_char16_t)];
> + } efi;
> +#endif

It would be nice if uuid can be made a common field outside of the
union so that generic code which only cares about UUID can simply read
it off.

Thanks.

--
tejun