From: Kaushal Shriyan on
Hi,

I used simplexml as use flag and did emerge -av php. I still get the
same below issue.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function simplexml_import_dom() in
/var/www/localhost/htdocs/apps/latency-monitor/Monitor/LatencyScraper.php
on line 39

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Kaushal
From: Ashley Sheridan on
On Tue, 2010-03-02 at 20:36 +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I used simplexml as use flag and did emerge -av php. I still get the
> same below issue.
>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function simplexml_import_dom() in
> /var/www/localhost/htdocs/apps/latency-monitor/Monitor/LatencyScraper.php
> on line 39
>
> Please suggest.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kaushal

What does a phpinfo() script tell you about the extension? Is it visible
in the info page? If not, have you made sure that there is nothing that
might need to be added to your php.ini enabling the module (loading the
module is not the same as it being enabled)

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

From: Teus Benschop on
On Tue, 2010-03-02 at 20:36 +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I used simplexml as use flag and did emerge -av php. I still get the
> same below issue.
>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function simplexml_import_dom() in
> /var/www/localhost/htdocs/apps/latency-monitor/Monitor/LatencyScraper.php
> on line 39

The following note on the function quick reference on php.net may help:

Gentoo users: emerge does not compile dev-lang/php with simplexml by
default. To enable this option, add the flag simplexml to your USE
variable and recompile php.

Teus.

From: Krzysztof Antczak on
W dniu 02.03.2010 16:18, Teus Benschop pisze:
> The following note on the function quick reference on php.net may help:
>
> Gentoo users: emerge does not compile dev-lang/php with simplexml by
> default. To enable this option, add the flag simplexml to your USE
> variable and recompile php.
>
> Teus.

And that means: USE="simplexml" emerge -av php

KA.
From: mrfroasty on

On 03/02/2010 04:06 PM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I used simplexml as use flag and did emerge -av php. I still get the
> same below issue.

Can you provide us with data that indeed you have enabled important
useflags on that php which you have compiled?
You also need to restart/reload apache once you finished compiling php.

Results on my development platform:
#emerge -pv php

dev-lang/php-5.2.12 USE="apache2 bcmath berkdb bzip2 calendar cgi cli
crypt ctype curl curlwrappers doc exif fdftk filter ftp gd gdbm gmp hash
iconv imap inifile ipv6 json ldap ldap-sasl mcve mhash mysql mysqli
ncurses nls pcre pdo posix readline reflection session simplexml snmp
soap sockets spell spl ssl threads tidy tokenizer truetype unicode wddx
xml xmlreader xmlrpc xmlwriter xsl zlib

You can easily add flags with something like this:
#echo "dev-lang/php simplexml xml xmlreader xmlwritter" >>
/etc/portage/package.use

GR
Muhsin

--