From: Mmcolli00 Mom on
Hello

I want get the browser name and version using ruby.

I have tried system command and wmi gem but to no avail.

Thanks in advance. MC

From: Eduardo Mucelli R. Oliveira on
On 30 abr, 16:00, Mmcolli00 Mom <mmc_coll...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I want get the browser name and version using ruby.
>
> I have tried system command and wmi gem but to no avail.
>
> Thanks in advance. MC

I'm not quite sure, but I guess that Launchy has a interface through
which you can get this info.
From: Kevin Hopkins on

the only real thing i know of to accomplish is using javascript to get the
information and pass it back to ruby or you can try examine the http headers
and see if it will display it.

Hope this helps,

Kevin

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 3:00 PM, Mmcolli00 Mom <mmc_collins(a)yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hello
>
> I want get the browser name and version using ruby.
>
> I have tried system command and wmi gem but to no avail.
>
> Thanks in advance. MC

Kevin Hopkins, MCP MCTS
(c) 540.331.1772
(e) kevin(a)wearefound.com
(w) www.wearefound.com

From: Brian Candler on
Mmcolli00 Mom wrote:
> I want get the browser name and version using ruby.

If you're writing a web application in Ruby, and want to get the browser
information of the client(s) which are connecting to it, then look at
the User-Agent: header. This might be something like
request.env['HTTP_USER_AGENT'] depending on what framework you're using.