From: Evertjan. on
Matt Silberstein wrote on 19 jan 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:
> Which makes me wonder what is the verifiably objectively wrong
> statement with the largest number of Google hits?

"True"

<http://www.google.com/search?q=true>

777,000,000 hits. [some of which are true, methinks]

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
From: Randy Webb on
Evertjan. said the following on 1/19/2006 11:47 AM:
> Matt Silberstein wrote on 19 jan 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:
>> Which makes me wonder what is the verifiably objectively wrong
>> statement with the largest number of Google hits?
>
> "True"

"Not" :)

> <http://www.google.com/search?q=true>
>
> 777,000,000 hits. [some of which are true, methinks]

10,470,000,000 hits.

Shows me 1,190,000,000 hits.

--
Randy
From: Evertjan. on
Randy Webb wrote on 19 jan 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:

> Evertjan. said the following on 1/19/2006 11:47 AM:
>> Matt Silberstein wrote on 19 jan 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:
>>> Which makes me wonder what is the verifiably objectively wrong
>>> statement with the largest number of Google hits?
>>
>> "True"
>
> "Not" :)
>
>> <http://www.google.com/search?q=true>
>>
>> 777,000,000 hits. [some of which are true, methinks]

> 10,470,000,000 hits.

> Shows me 1,190,000,000 hits.

However Not is an unary operator and not a statement in itself, it needs
true or false for completion.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
From: Randy Webb on
Evertjan. said the following on 1/19/2006 6:28 PM:
> Randy Webb wrote on 19 jan 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:
>
>> Evertjan. said the following on 1/19/2006 11:47 AM:
>>> "True"
>> "Not" :)
>>
>>> <http://www.google.com/search?q=true>
>>>
>>> 777,000,000 hits. [some of which are true, methinks]

>> 10,470,000,000 hits.

>> Shows me 1,190,000,000 hits.
>>

> However Not is an unary operator and not a statement in itself, it needs
> true or false for completion.

Why?

http://www.google.com/search?q=why
2,760,000,000 hits

But you are right about Not.

--
Randy
From: Evertjan. on
Randy Webb wrote on 20 jan 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:

> Why?
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=why
> 2,760,000,000 hits
>
> But you are right about Not.