From: moijes12 on
Hi

I need to get the details of Local Area connection information(network
interface) like packets sent,packets recieved,duration etc. I have to
do this in Windows using python.

I tried looking under the socket module and also googling,but did not
find anything that I could use for windows,though I did find something
for linux.I have to somehow use the socket module for this.

Please help me in cracking this.

Regards
Moses
From: sturlamolden on
On 22 Mai, 09:38, moijes12 <moije...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> I need to get the details of Local Area connection information(network
> interface) like packets sent,packets recieved,duration etc. I have to
> do this in Windows using python.

>>> import subprocess as sp

>>> p = sp.Popen("netstat -s", shell=False, bufsize=4096,
stdin=sp.PIPE, stdout=sp.PIPE, stderr=sp.PIPE)

>>> print ''.join(p.stdout.readlines())

>>> p.terminate()

There are other switches for the netstat command as well.

From: moijes12 on
On May 22, 1:12 pm, sturlamolden <stu...(a)molden.no> wrote:
> On 22 Mai, 09:38, moijes12 <moije...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I need to get the details of Local Area connection information(network
> > interface) like packets sent,packets recieved,duration etc. I have to
> > do this in Windows using python.
>
>               stdin=sp.PIPE, stdout=sp.PIPE, stderr=sp.PIPE)

> There are other switches for the netstat command as well.

Thanks
Moses