From: Jack Mitchell on
Having upgraded (uninstall GNAT GPL 2008, then installed GNAT GPL 2009),
a project which used to build quite happily now gives the following when
I build from the project file :-

gnatbind -E -I- -x E:\Programming\FloorPlan\obj\floorplan.ali
error: "gtk.ali" not found, "gtk.ads" must be compiled
error: "gtk-box.ali" not found, "gtk-box.adb" must be compiled
gnatmake: *** bind failed.

What has I missed in the install / reinstall ?

N.B. I am learning by building out from the hello2 example in gtk
tutorials, FloorPlan mentioned above is basically hello2 plus a simple
debug package..

--
Jack Mi_Remove_tchell
From: Stephen Leake on
Jack Mitchell <jack(a)home9999.plus.com> writes:

> Having upgraded (uninstall GNAT GPL 2008, then installed GNAT GPL
> 2009), a project which used to build quite happily now gives the
> following when I build from the project file :-
>
> gnatbind -E -I- -x E:\Programming\FloorPlan\obj\floorplan.ali
> error: "gtk.ali" not found, "gtk.ads" must be compiled
> error: "gtk-box.ali" not found, "gtk-box.adb" must be compiled
> gnatmake: *** bind failed.
>
> What has I missed in the install / reinstall ?

I can't say in detail, but I always install versions of GNAT in
different directories:

c:/Apps/GNAT_GPL_2008
c:/Apps/GNAT_GPL_2009

and I don't uninstall the old one until I'm sure everything works with
the new one.

That way, if "uninstall" doesn't really work, just delete the directory.

--
-- Stephe
From: Jack Mitchell on
In message <ud45ylyw5.fsf(a)stephe-leake.org>, Stephen Leake
<stephen_leake(a)stephe-leake.org> writes
>Jack Mitchell <jack(a)home9999.plus.com> writes:
>
>> Having upgraded (uninstall GNAT GPL 2008, then installed GNAT GPL
>> 2009), a project which used to build quite happily now gives the
>> following when I build from the project file :-
>>
>> gnatbind -E -I- -x E:\Programming\FloorPlan\obj\floorplan.ali
>> error: "gtk.ali" not found, "gtk.ads" must be compiled
>> error: "gtk-box.ali" not found, "gtk-box.adb" must be compiled
>> gnatmake: *** bind failed.
>>
>> What has I missed in the install / reinstall ?
>
>I can't say in detail, but I always install versions of GNAT in
>different directories:
>
>c:/Apps/GNAT_GPL_2008
>c:/Apps/GNAT_GPL_2009
>
>and I don't uninstall the old one until I'm sure everything works with
>the new one.
>
>That way, if "uninstall" doesn't really work, just delete the directory.

Yes that would have been better, too late now
I solved this very late last night by uninstall gtkada, rebooting,
deleting the c:\gtkada subdirectory then reinstalling - the good sign is
when the install ends with a command window slowly counting upto 250
steps and then rapidly counting up again.

--
Jack Mi_Remove_tchell