From: Dmitry A. Kazakov on
On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 12:47:18 +0200, Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:

> Did anybody experienced weird problems with linux gnatmake (gcc-gnat
> version 4.4.3-4).

Well, that is not the worst error there:

+===========================GNAT BUG
DETECTED==============================+
| 4.4.3 20100127 (Red Hat 4.4.3-4) (i686-redhat-linux-gnu) Assert_Failure sinfo.adb:2515|

Alas, GNAT 4.4.x looks unusable. I should wait for GNAT GPL 2010.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Anh Vo on
On Apr 22, 9:14 am, "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mail...(a)dmitry-kazakov.de>
wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 12:47:18 +0200, Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:
> > Did anybody experienced weird problems with linux gnatmake (gcc-gnat
> > version 4.4.3-4).
>
> Well, that is not the worst error there:
>
> +===========================GNAT BUG
> DETECTED==============================+
> | 4.4.3 20100127 (Red Hat 4.4.3-4) (i686-redhat-linux-gnu) Assert_Failure sinfo.adb:2515|
>
> Alas, GNAT 4.4.x looks unusable. I should wait for GNAT GPL 2010.

Have you tried gnat-gcc-4.5.x? It does not take very long to build it.
I even built for Windows using MinGW.
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov on
On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 13:01:03 -0700 (PDT), Anh Vo wrote:

> On Apr 22, 9:14�am, "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mail...(a)dmitry-kazakov.de>
> wrote:
>> On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 12:47:18 +0200, Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:
>>> Did anybody experienced weird problems with linux gnatmake (gcc-gnat
>>> version 4.4.3-4).
>>
>> Well, that is not the worst error there:
>>
>> +===========================GNAT BUG
>> DETECTED==============================+
>>| 4.4.3 20100127 (Red Hat 4.4.3-4) (i686-redhat-linux-gnu) Assert_Failure sinfo.adb:2515|
>>
>> Alas, GNAT 4.4.x looks unusable. I should wait for GNAT GPL 2010.
>
> Have you tried gnat-gcc-4.5.x?

I haven't. gcc-4.5 will appear first in Fedora 13.

> It does not take very long to build it.

Fedora team does this. Alas each time the gcc goes up to the next version,
something breaks in gnat. I doubt it were simple to fix by mere
recompilation. (I even tempted to install Debian on a VirtualBox and try
out gnat maintained by Ludovic...)

> I even built for Windows using MinGW.

GNAT GPL 2009 still works under Windows, but it ceased to do under Linux
when gcc-4.4.x arrived. There was something bad with many libraries, I had
no time to investigate.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Ludovic Brenta on
Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote on comp.lang.ada:
> Fedora team does this [building gnat on Fedora].
> Alas each time the gcc goes up to the next version,
> something breaks in gnat. I doubt it were simple to fix by mere
> recompilation. (I even tempted to install Debian on a VirtualBox and try
> out gnat maintained by Ludovic...)

You remind me that I moved from Red Hat 8 to Debian 3.0 "Woody" back
in 2001 precisely because I got frustrated at bugs and their dropping
support for Ada between 7.3 and 8. At the time, Samuel Tardieu was the
maintainer and I still thank him for his excellent work.

Since you do not provide any sources, I cannot even try to reproduce
your problem on Debian. I also do not see any bug report in upstream's
bugzilla database. Maybe you reported the problem to Fedora?

--
Ludovic Brenta.
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov on
On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 03:30:31 -0700 (PDT), Ludovic Brenta wrote:

> Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote on comp.lang.ada:
>> Fedora team does this [building gnat on Fedora].
>> Alas each time the gcc goes up to the next version,
>> something breaks in gnat. I doubt it were simple to fix by mere
>> recompilation. (I even tempted to install Debian on a VirtualBox and try
>> out gnat maintained by Ludovic...)
>
> You remind me that I moved from Red Hat 8 to Debian 3.0 "Woody" back
> in 2001 precisely because I got frustrated at bugs and their dropping
> support for Ada between 7.3 and 8. At the time, Samuel Tardieu was the
> maintainer and I still thank him for his excellent work.

The worst thing of Fedora is these idiotic major core versions, which
cannot be upgraded to. You can upgrade the kernel, but cannot the
distribution. It is pathetic. I tried it each time and each time was forced
to reinstall it completely. Are all Linux distributions like that?

> Since you do not provide any sources, I cannot even try to reproduce
> your problem on Debian. I also do not see any bug report in upstream's
> bugzilla database. Maybe you reported the problem to Fedora?

No. This is why I asked if somebody had similar problems. GNAT Pro 6.3.1
does not have these problems. (Normally I report to AdaCore. Most of the
problems were/are related to generics and, recently, to the interfaces.)

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov