From: Louise Rains on
I have an object called Survey. There is a haml file:
\views\surveys\index.html.haml.

The last line of the file is:

= render :partial => 'parameter_results', :locals =>{:options =>
chart_options(:n, :age)

chart_options is in surveys_helper.rb. The error I'm getting is:

undefined method 'chart_options' for #<ActionView::Base:0x4603a28>

What gives? I thought the helper functions were always available to the
view. Or is there something wrong with my haml statement?

Thanks in advance.
LG

From: Louise Rains on
Louise Rains wrote:
> I have an object called Survey. There is a haml file:
> \views\surveys\index.html.haml.
>
> The last line of the file is:
>
> = render :partial => 'parameter_results', :locals =>{:options =>
> chart_options(:n, :age)}
>
> chart_options is in surveys_helper.rb. The error I'm getting is:
>
> undefined method 'chart_options' for #<ActionView::Base:0x4603a28>
>
> What gives? I thought the helper functions were always available to the
> view. Or is there something wrong with my haml statement?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> LG

There was a report function called by chart_options that was in the
helper. I moved it into the model and I'm now getting past that error.