From: Pierre on
Hello,

anyone knows what is the python equivalent of the matlab's hanning
function.

Note that in matlab hann and hanning are different.

Thanks !
From: pdpi on
On Sep 8, 12:36 pm, Pierre <pierre.gaill...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> anyone knows what is the python equivalent of the matlab's hanning
> function.
>
> Note that in matlab hann and hanning are different.
>
> Thanks !

I assume you mean the tapering function mentioned here:
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/HanningFunction.html

Python is a general purpose language, unlike the maths-specialized
MATLAB. I suggest you look into numpy, in which, a quick googling
suggests, an implementation of a the Hanning function is provided. In
fact, if you're using python to replace matlab in any meaningful way,
you'll probably want to use numpy anyway.
From: sturlamolden on
On 8 Sep, 13:36, Pierre <pierre.gaill...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> anyone knows what is the python equivalent of the matlab's hanning
> function.
>
> Note that in matlab hann and hanning are different.

If you don't know how to compute a von Hann window, you are not
competent to do any scientific programming. Seriously!

I assume you are using NumPy and SciPy, so consider
scipy.signal.hanning for convinience.

From: pdpi on
On Sep 8, 1:55 pm, sturlamolden <sturlamol...(a)yahoo.no> wrote:
> On 8 Sep, 13:36, Pierre <pierre.gaill...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > anyone knows what is the python equivalent of the matlab's hanning
> > function.
>
> > Note that in matlab hann and hanning are different.
>
> If you don't know how to compute a von Hann window, you are not
> competent to do any scientific programming. Seriously!

Come, come. I think it's a good rule that, where available, a vendor-
supplied implementation is the preferable choice until proven
otherwise.

From: sturlamolden on
On 8 Sep, 15:08, pdpi <pdpinhe...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Come, come. I think it's a good rule that, where available, a vendor-
> supplied implementation is the preferable choice until proven
> otherwise.

Even for the simplest of equations?