From: Frank Cummings Frank on
can you help me solve this problem
From: MowGreen on
If the OS is not Vista and the update in question is not KB982331, then
please post more information so that someone *may* assist you:

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

If the OS is Vista and the update in question KB982331, as posted
previously by Engel, from a post by an MS Support Engineer in the
social.answers.update forum:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/08fec454-aad4-49fd-8df9-068b00faef6b

1. Turn off UAC. Don't just lower down the restrictions - turn it off
completely.
2. Restart your computer for the change to take into effect.
3. Re-download Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System
(KB982331) from the link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7f89a734-cda4-4abb-9a10-f6dfe560e8d0&displaylang=en>

4. Install it.

MowGreen
================
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com

MowGreen
================
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com

From: Bickford Schmeckler on
Then follow the instructions given in the replies you've read in the posts
about that error.

From: nachtrn24 on
You have to turn off user account controls to install the office updates.
Apparently it's a firewall problem. I am tech challenged, grew uo 70s. Took
me all day to figure this out. It was trial and error, but once I discovered
the solution the install took place. Go to control panel, click user
accounts, once there turn off account controls. Install and then go back and
turn account cotrols on.

From: captfbgnet on
From Microsoft Answers:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/18449f60-c149-4eaf-b8e6-a2880cd7232b