From: skyworld on
On Jun 10, 1:26 am, "Avier" <shahanwarkhan(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.hotmail.com>
wrote:
> the thing you can check out is that fi may be a defined name for some
> function... use some other name ,,, i have used fft many a times and it
> does not give problem ,,,also check if data type is right ,,,we have got
> data type converter for that also in matlab ... the best way is to write
> fft  in help and check out  the example for settings
>
> there are complex plots also which you can use ,,,  just go to
> communication blockset >>>sinks (in simulink ) just check its name and
> write it in help you will get the function name ,,,also yo can plot img and
> real part seperately
> for eg
>
> i=img(Y);
> r=real(Y)
> plot(i):hold on
> plot(r)
>
> or use the abs function
> ab=abs(Y)
> plot(ab)
>
> check the size of y,,,,(use size(y) command)
> if it has more than one dimensions,, plot command  cant work  ,, start a
> loop and store values in another variable (the required ones) and just do
> the above mentioned commands
>
> if it helps tell me ,,,,or if you get problems with loop !!!!!!

thanks for the reply. I used the way you mentioned in the reply and it
works. But I still prefer to use function fi because it is recommended
by matlab help document -- the document don't tell me how to plot
output data after you use fi. Anyway, thanks for your help.
From: skyworld on
On Jun 10, 12:41 am, dbd <d...(a)ieee.org> wrote:
> On Jun 9, 6:14 am, Jerry Avins <j...(a)ieee.org> wrote:

> > Many at comp.dsp use Matlab (I don't) but your questions would be better
> > asked in a Matlab forum. (There is one, but I don't know its name.)
>
> > Jerry
>
> comp.soft-sys.matlab
>
> Dale B. Dalrymple

yes, I found it. Thanks.