From: mattia on
I want to create a round robin tournament. The function receive a list
(I've used a deque) and for now just prints to stdout the results (e.g.
the round number and the schedule). If I wanted to provide the user a
data structure that has all the miningful informations, what do you
propose?

Here my code (I'm a C++ novice):

#include <iostream>
#include <deque>

int main(void)
{
// games per team: n - 1
std::deque<int> tournament;
int c;
int first = 0;
// simple example with integers
for (int i = 1; i < 8; i++)
{
tournament.push_back(i);
}
bool even = !(tournament.size() & 1);
if (even)
{
first = tournament.front();
tournament.pop_front();
}
for (int j = 0; j < tournament.size() - 1; j++)
{
std::cout << "Round " << j + 1 << ":" << std::endl;
if (even)
{
std::cout << first << " vs " << tournament.back() <<
std::endl;
}
for (int i = 0; i < tournament.size()/2; i++)
{
std::cout << tournament[i] << " vs " << tournament
[tournament.size() - i - 2] << std::endl;
}
tournament.push_front(tournament.back());
tournament.pop_back();
}
c = getchar();
return 0;
}

Thanks, Mattia

From: red floyd on

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.2

From: mattia on
Il Sat, 07 Nov 2009 18:24:03 -0600, red floyd ha scritto:

> mattia wrote:
>> I want to create a round robin tournament. The function receive a list
>> (I've used a deque) and for now just prints to stdout the results (e.g.
>> the round number and the schedule). If I wanted to provide the user a
>> data structure that has all the miningful informations, what do you
>> propose?
>>
>> [redacted]
>
> http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.2

Well, I'm sorry you've misunderstood but I was asking for an advice, not
for homework (that I don't have since a long time ago). I've also said
that I'm a c++ novice, so I wated to know more about the OO programming
facing a simple problem that I was trying to solve.

From: red floyd on
mattia wrote:
> Il Sat, 07 Nov 2009 18:24:03 -0600, red floyd ha scritto:
>
>> mattia wrote:
>>> I want to create a round robin tournament. The function receive a list
>>> (I've used a deque) and for now just prints to stdout the results (e.g.
>>> the round number and the schedule). If I wanted to provide the user a
>>> data structure that has all the miningful informations, what do you
>>> propose?
>>>
>>> [redacted]
>> http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.2
>
> Well, I'm sorry you've misunderstood but I was asking for an advice, not
> for homework (that I don't have since a long time ago). I've also said
> that I'm a c++ novice, so I wated to know more about the OO programming
> facing a simple problem that I was trying to solve.

Sorry. Then you're better off asking in comp.algorithms. There's
nothing C++ specific in your question, other than your use of a deque.

From: mattia on
Il Sun, 08 Nov 2009 16:29:38 -0600, red floyd ha scritto:

> mattia wrote:

>>> http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.2
>>
>> Well, I'm sorry you've misunderstood but I was asking for an advice,
>> not for homework (that I don't have since a long time ago). I've also
>> said that I'm a c++ novice, so I wated to know more about the OO
>> programming facing a simple problem that I was trying to solve.
>>

> Sorry. Then you're better off asking in comp.algorithms. There's
> nothing C++ specific in your question, other than your use of a deque.

Well, I know no comp.algorithms newsgroup...