From: Coll on
I opened a query in an Access 2003 db that I haven't used in a while.
In the design view, I can see all the tables, but I can't see the
"field list" - I think that's what it's called - the section in which
you add fields & criteria. There are up and down scroll buttons, but
if I scroll to the bottom, I still can't see that section. There are
no left or right scrolls. I've looked all around, but can't seem to
figure this one out!
From: Tom van Stiphout on
On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 19:07:31 -0800 (PST), Coll
<col_mcmanus(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

The good thing is it CANNOT be removed. You just need to find it.
Perhaps you shoved the Splitter window all the way to the bottom.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

From: Coll on
On Mar 2, 10:25 pm, Tom van Stiphout <tom7744.no.s...(a)cox.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 19:07:31 -0800 (PST), Coll
>
> <col_mcma...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> The good thing is it CANNOT be removed. You just need to find it.
> Perhaps you shoved the Splitter window all the way to the bottom.
>
> -Tom.
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> >I opened a query in an Access 2003 db that I haven't used in a while.
> >In the design view, I can see all the tables, but I can't see the
> >"field list" - I think that's what it's called - the section in which
> >you add fields & criteria. There are up and down scroll buttons, but
> >if I scroll to the bottom, I still can't see that section. There are
> >no left or right scrolls. I've looked all around, but can't seem to
> >figure this one out!- Hide quoted text -

I'm still stumped though I've figured out part of it. I received a new
laptop since the last time I looked at this database, and I've noticed
that I see less of Access screens with the new laptop (not sure if I
can change this). So I'm wondering if the window was sized to my old
screen and I can't see some of the left/right scrolls or the splitter
window. However, I have minimized the window, and tried resizing that
way. I've scrolled all the way to the bottom, and I still can't find
the "field list" section. I've tried compacting and repairing. Out of
ideas.
From: Coll on
On Mar 3, 8:47 am, Coll <col_mcma...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 2, 10:25 pm, Tom van Stiphout <tom7744.no.s...(a)cox.net> wrote:
>

> > On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 19:07:31 -0800 (PST), Coll
>
> > <col_mcma...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The good thing is it CANNOT be removed. You just need to find it.
> > Perhaps you shoved the Splitter window all the way to the bottom.
>
> > -Tom.
> > Microsoft Access MVP
>
> > >I opened a query in an Access 2003 db that I haven't used in a while.
> > >In the design view, I can see all the tables, but I can't see the
> > >"field list" - I think that's what it's called - the section in which
> > >you add fields & criteria. There are up and down scroll buttons, but
> > >if I scroll to the bottom, I still can't see that section. There are
> > >no left or right scrolls. I've looked all around, but can't seem to
> > >figure this one out!- Hide quoted text -

> I'm still stumped though I've figured out part of it. I received a new
> laptop since the last time I looked at this database, and I've noticed
> that I see less of Access screens with the new laptop (not sure if I
> can change this). So I'm wondering if the window was sized to my old
> screen and I can't see some of the left/right scrolls or the splitter
> window. However, I have minimized the window, and tried resizing that
> way. I've scrolled all the way to the bottom, and I still can't find
> the "field list" section. I've tried compacting and repairing. Out of
> ideas.- Hide quoted text -

All set now. When I minimized, I found a 2nd up & down scrollbar. Was
able to resize everything into one window.