From: deejaydee on

"Maurice" <morisaab(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello:
> I've noticed that in my Laptop Toshiba, there is a hidden partition
> (visible only in disk Management or EASUS Partitio tool), named TOSHIBA
> SYSTEM VOLUME (*:). it's size is 1.46GB and it contains:
>
> sources: folder containing boot.wim
> System Volume Information: folder containing tracking.log
> boot.sdi : file (on root)
> winrepartition.ini: file (on root)
>
> can I delete this partition, and what it serves for? because I already
> split my harddisk into C,D and E, so the max of 4 primary partitions (with
> the TOSHIBA one) is reached. The problem is that I can't run Norton GHOST,
> because there is no free slot available for Ghost.
>
> any idea?
> thank you
>
> Maurice
>

> Hi Maurice, and group
I too have a Toshiba laptop satalite pro. mine didnt have a hidden partition
I created one using paragon disk manager 9.5 free download free key. what i
do
periodically update this with latest updates. original disk is ram drive xp
pro 2 I have tried
to update this but have,nt been successful. myself i would keep this
partition.
deejaydee

From: Twayne on
In news:u25IO4QKLHA.4120(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
Terry R. <F1Com(a)NOSPAMpobox.com> typed:
> On 7/21/2010 12:29 PM On a whim, Maurice pounded out on the
> keyboard
>> Hello:
>> I've noticed that in my Laptop Toshiba, there is a hidden
>> partition (visible only in disk Management or EASUS
>> Partitio tool), named TOSHIBA SYSTEM VOLUME (*:). it's
>> size is 1.46GB and it contains: sources: folder containing boot.wim
>> System Volume Information: folder containing tracking.log boot.sdi :
>> file (on root)
>> winrepartition.ini: file (on root)
>>
>> can I delete this partition, and what it serves for?
>> because I already split my harddisk into C,D and E, so the
>> max of 4 primary partitions (with the TOSHIBA one) is
>> reached. The problem is that I can't run Norton GHOST,
>> because there is no free slot available for Ghost. any idea?
>> thank you
>>
>> Maurice
>>

> Hi Maurice,
>
> If you don't care about using the Recovery Partition
> offered by Toshiba, go ahead and delete. Those partitions
> usually restore the OS to the original condition, which
> usually wipe the existing OS partition of everything,
> including your data.
>
> Terry R.

But be CERTAIN you still have a way to re-install wiindows, etc, before you
wipe it out, or you'll really strand yourself! You'll at least need access
to an XP install CD plus any Utilities/drivers disk/s that came on another
disk with the machine. If you don't have those, do NOT throw away your
partition yet!
Sometimes on-disk recovery programs provide a way for the user to MAKE
the recovery CDs and DVDs they may need. Start there iif you don't already
have such a thinig. You WILL sooner or later, probably sooner, need to
reinstall your OS from scratch even if you have imaging software like Ghost
or Acronis.

HTH,

Twayne`