From: sookie on
i need to hightlight a cell when i have one birthday in my list
From: Jackpot on
Suppose you have the list of birthdays as a named range ...and with dates in
Column D. Select Column D..and apply the conditional form

1. Select the dates are in Range (say D1:D10). Please note that the cell
reference D1 mentioned in the formula is the active cell in the selection.
Active cell will have a white background even after selection
2. From menu Format>Conditional Formatting>
3. For Condition1>Select 'Formula Is' and enter the below formula

'if you have a named range 'birthdays'
=COUNTIF(birthdays,D1)

OR

'if the birthdays are mentioned in the same sheet say J1:J10 then try
=COUNTIF($J$1:$J$10,D1)

4. Click Format Button>Pattern and select your color (say Red)
5. Hit OK

PS: If you are using XL2007 Goto Home tab>Styles>Conditional
Formatting>Manage rules>New rule>Use a formula to determine which cells to
format. Enter the formula in the box below.

"sookie" wrote:

> i need to hightlight a cell when i have one birthday in my list

Pages: 1
Prev: SUMIFS
Next: Delete rows with Symbols