From: lkcl on
um, please don't ask me why but i found grail, the python-based web
browser, and have managed to hack it into submission sufficiently to
view e.g. http://www.google.co.uk. out of sheer apathy i happened to
have python2.4 still installed which was the only way i could get it
to run without having to rewrite regex expressions (which i don't
understand).

if anyone else would be interested in resurrecting this historic web
browser, just for fits and giggles, please let me know.

l.
From: lkcl on
On Jun 9, 9:29 pm, lkcl <luke.leigh...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> if anyone else would be interested in resurrecting this historic

... "historic, archaic, dinosaur-driven, vastly-overrated but one-of-
a-kind and without precedent before or since" web browser...

l.

p.s. except for paul bonser's "pybrowser" which he's delayed working
on, despite a heck of a lot of groundwork.
From: Thomas Jollans on
On 06/09/2010 11:29 PM, lkcl wrote:
> um, please don't ask me why but i found grail, the python-based web
> browser, and have managed to hack it into submission sufficiently to
> view e.g. http://www.google.co.uk. out of sheer apathy i happened to
> have python2.4 still installed which was the only way i could get it
> to run without having to rewrite regex expressions (which i don't
> understand).
>
> if anyone else would be interested in resurrecting this historic web
> browser, just for fits and giggles, please let me know.
>
> l.

give us a copy then, just for the laughs. ^^ Post it on bitbucket,
maybe? (or send me a copy and I'll do it)

From: rantingrick on
On Jun 9, 4:29 pm, lkcl <luke.leigh...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> um, please don't ask me why but i found grail, the python-based web
> browser, and have managed to hack it into submission sufficiently to
> view e.g.http://www.google.co.uk.  out of sheer apathy i happened to
> have python2.4 still installed which was the only way i could get it
> to run without having to rewrite regex expressions (which i don't
> understand).
>
> if anyone else would be interested in resurrecting this historic web
> browser, just for fits and giggles, please let me know.

Hi lkcl,

My current conquest to bring a new (or fix the current GUI) in
Python's stdlib is receiving much resistance. I many need a project to
convince my opponents of my worth. Tell you what i do, send me a text
file with a pathname and all the line numbers that have broken regexs
using a common sep --space is fine for me-- and i'll fix them for you.
Here is a sample...

script1 0 21 203
script2 36 37 300 322

From: lkcl on
On Jun 9, 11:03 pm, rantingrick <rantingr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 9, 4:29 pm, lkcl <luke.leigh...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > um, please don't ask me why but i foundgrail, the python-based web
> >browser, and have managed to hack it into submission sufficiently to
> > view e.g.http://www.google.co.uk.  out of sheer apathy i happened to
> > have python2.4 still installed which was the only way i could get it
> > to run without having to rewrite regex expressions (which i don't
> > understand).
>
> > if anyone else would be interested in resurrecting this historic web
> >browser, just for fits and giggles, please let me know.
>
> Hi lkcl,
>
> My current conquest to bring a new (or fix the current GUI) in
> Python's stdlib is receiving much resistance. I many need a project to
> convince my opponents of my worth. Tell you what i do, send me a text
> file with a pathname and all the line numbers that have broken regexs
> using a common sep --space is fine for me-- and i'll fix them for you.

yegods - i'm going to have to create a python script to do that :)
shouldn't take me oooo 30 mins. i'll also upload the source of grail
to github.com or summink, first.

l.