From: Glen Labah on

Thanks very much for all the responses.

For various reasons decided to go with an external power supply 1TB
Iomega drive instead. It was the same price as the Hitachi right next
to it on the store shelf, and have had wonderful luck with the iOmega
stuff I have purchased in the past.

But, thanks for your responses anyway.

--
Please note this e-mail address is a pit of spam due to e-mail address
harvesters on Usenet. Response time to e-mail sent here is slow.
From: Richard Maine on
Glen Labah <gl4317(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> For various reasons decided to go with an external power supply 1TB
> Iomega drive instead. It was the same price as the Hitachi right next
> to it on the store shelf, and have had wonderful luck with the iOmega
> stuff I have purchased in the past.

I've had quite poor luck with several iOmega products in the past. That
and their reputation for customer support and for fraudulent rebate
offers (see the "controversy" section of the iOmega wikipedia page) have
them on my "never again" list. Maybe being purchased by EMC might have
improved them; I don't know.

I honestly wish you the best of luck with the drive, though. And perhaps
you will have that.

domain: summertriangle | -- Mark Twain