From: zxcar on

127.0.0.1 results5.*
127.0.0.1 results.*
127.0.0.1 www.google-analytics.com
127.0.0.1 results.googleadservices.com/
127.0.0.1 results.google-analytics.com
127.0.0.1 results.gugle-analytics.com
127.0.0.1 results.google-analytics.com/

--
Life is Short...So...Enjoy The Ride.
From: VanguardLH on
zxcar wrote:

> 127.0.0.1 results5.*
> 127.0.0.1 results.*
> 127.0.0.1 www.google-analytics.com
> 127.0.0.1 results.googleadservices.com/
> 127.0.0.1 results.google-analytics.com
> 127.0.0.1 results.gugle-analytics.com
> 127.0.0.1 results.google-analytics.com/

And the point of your post here was? Has nothing to do with freeware,
the topic of this newsgroup.

Wildcards cannot be used in the hosts file. The hosts file must specify
a fully qualified domain name (FQDN) or a hostname that resolves
locally. Your first 2 entries are invalid in the hosts file.

FQDNs must be specified for Internet (non-local hosts). For example,
the MVP hosts file (http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm) has over
70 entries just for the doubleclick.net domain. Domains cannot be
specified, only hosts (and that requires hostname, domain, and TLD be
specified). Wildcards are meaningless since you are NOT equating a
specific host to a specific IP address which is the ancient purpose of
the hosts file.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_file
From: zxcar on
Well, this was suppose to be an email (note) to myself and when I didn't see
it and then checked the sent folder...
but ,thanks for the reply as it was helpful: at least it was after your
Noshi statement ;-) !

From: UnsteadyKen on
zxcar said...

> Well, this was suppose to be an email (note) to myself and when I didn't see
> it and then checked the sent folder...

That's the very reason I use separate email and news programs:-)

Have you checked out HostsXpert host file editor from

http://www.funkytoad.com/
?

--
Ken O'Meara
http://www.btinternet.com/~unsteadyken/
From: za kAT on
On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 20:01:48 +0000 (UTC), Bear Bottoms wrote:

> yet to be sure...the netkop wannabes are quick
> with the gun. I netkop the netkops :)

Spot the hypocrite^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

--
zakAT(a)pooh.the.cat - Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416.
Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for denigration!