From: totally lost on
is it possible to have one drop down list affect which drop down list comes
in on the next row? For example, my first drop down defines a type of
machine, so you would select which type of machine you need. then if you
select, say a model 400. the next drop down list would only display parts
applicable for the model 400.
From: Paul on

You should look into "dependent data validation lists", as outlined
here:

'Excel Data Validation -- Dependent Lists'
(http://www.contextures.com/xlDataval02.html)

;
6
9
0
8
4
6

:

--
Paul

- Paul
Paul's Profile: 1697
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=193117

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

From: Dave Peterson on
Debra Dalgleish shows how using data|validation.

http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html

totally lost wrote:

> is it possible to have one drop down list affect which drop down list comes
> in on the next row? For example, my first drop down defines a type of
> machine, so you would select which type of machine you need. then if you
> select, say a model 400. the next drop down list would only display parts
> applicable for the model 400.

--

Dave Peterson
From: מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן on