From: donna on
each week my spreadsheet lists 300 records w/20+ columns each. how do i
reconcile data in cells from old to new spread w/o manually copy/paste? is
there a reconcile option? i would only want to paste data in columns k and l
from old spreadsheet to new and only if the record number matches both the
previous week's report and current week's report match.
From: Dave Peterson on
There's nothing built into excel that does this automatically.

Depending on how your data is laid out (is there a unique key field?) and what
you wanted to compare, you may be able to use formulas =vlookup() or
=index(match()) (in columns to the right??) to retrieve the values in the new
worksheet.

Then use additional columns to compare old values to new values.

If your data doesn't have any unique key columns, then you could compare address
by address (a1 with a1, x99 with x99).

If you want to try, take a look at Myrna Larson and Bill Manville's compare
program:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/whatsnew.htm
look for compare.xla

--