From: David on
Hi
I'm working on an Excel file that will always be opened as Read Only by users.
To save confusion I would rather the user is not prompted to save the file
on exit.
I've tried application.displayAlerts = False in the Workbook BeroreClose
event code
but no joy so far.
Is it posible to achieve this?
Thanks
From: Jacob Skaria on
Try

Me.Close False
End Sub

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

From: David on
Thanks Jacob (I made sure to click on yes)

Worked fine

Is there any way to close the application "shell" along with the file
as is usual with only a single file open?

From: Jacob Skaria on
Ofcourse YES; Try the below. Be careful this will quit the app; even if you
have other workbooks open..

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Application.Quit
End Sub